The Church of St. Francis (‘Sveti Frane’ in Croatian) was built in the latter half of the 15th century in the northern part of the old town core. Works on its façade continued until mid-1510s. A monastery next to it belonging to the order of Friars Minor Conventual was dissolved in 1785.
The construction of Pag’s Benedictine Convent of St. Margaret began right after the new town of Pag was established, as a memorial to the former church and convent in the Old Town.
Until the mid-19th century, the town of Pag was encircled by sizeable and lovely walls with defence towers. Pag had several town gates, and the largest was in the Katine section, called the Porta Marina. Only the lintel of Rector Nikola Tiepolo remains preserved from this gate. The Minor Gate was a little farther south.
The Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is situated on the main town square and is the most valuable monument of ecclesiastical architecture in Pag. The cornerstone was laid on 18 May 1443, marking the commencement of its long-lasting construction.
Kamerlengo Tower no longer stands in its original form. The former tower today houses the town government, while during the summer months the Town Hall serves as an exhibition space for various artists.
The Gradac vista offers the most spectacular panoramic view of the core of Pag. Gradac is located by the road connecting Pag and Novalja.