The construction of Pag’s Benedictine Convent of St. Margaret began right after the new town of Pag was established, as a memorial to the former church and convent in the Old Town.
The Rector’s Palace is located on the main square. It was built in the 15th century and completed under the rule of Rector Toma Zorzi. It has been the centre of town and island administration for centuries.
Skrivanat Tower is the only remaining tower out of the 9 towers that defended the town of Pag. It was built in the 15th century and has been preserved in its original shape.
Pag’s Old Town is located a kilometre south of today’s town core. What used to be a large and rich town is today is an archaeological site and shrine. The Romanesque Church of St. Mary with a statue of the Mother of God has been preserved along with the remains of a Franciscan monastery.
Construction of the Church of St. George, the patron of both the town and the island of Pag, began prior to 1465 and continued until the late 15th century.
The town of Pag already had one of the first sundials in Europe at the end of the 19th century. The marker for meridian 15 is roughly 5 km from Pag, on a macadam road, in a tract named after St. Mary Magdalene, with a marble marker set along the intersecting line.