Construction of the Church of St. George, the patron of both the town and the island of Pag, began prior to 1465 and continued until the late 15th century.
Lun is the northernmost town on Pag and a natural olive reserve. There are about 80,000 olive trees along with 1,500 of the Oblica variety growing over 23 hectares of land. The trees grow entwined in stone, creating intriguing forms and surreal contours.
The Church of St. Francis (‘Sveti Frane’ in Croatian) was built in the latter half of the 15th century in the northern part of the old town core. Works on its façade continued until mid-1510s. A monastery next to it belonging to the order of Friars Minor Conventual was dissolved in 1785.
Sveti Vid (St. Vitus) is the highest peak on the island of Pag, 348 m above sea level. The small Church of St. Vitus was built there in the 14th century.
Kamerlengo Tower no longer stands in its original form. The former tower today houses the town government, while during the summer months the Town Hall serves as an exhibition space for various artists.
We simply do not know precisely how long salt has been produced in Pag. Salt production in the Croatian lands was first mentioned in the book about Adriatic salt pans by Prof. Candide from the university in Naples, published in 1912.